Looking to spice up your pizza game? This Mexican pizza is loaded with veggies and flavor. It’s the perfect veggie pizza for pizza night!
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus additional to taste
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 handful Coriander, torn
- Quick pickled onions and jalapeños (recipe below – optional but recommended!)*
- Sour cream, for the garnish
- Hot sauce, for the garnish
- Make the quick pickled onions and jalapeños (below).
- Prepare the dough using either the stand mixer or food processor methods (you also can knead by hand). Follow the preparation instructions in the dough recipe if prepared in advance.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F.
- Meanwhile, mix the refried beans with 1 tablespoon water, the cumin, and the salt.
- Seed and chop the tomato. Thinly slice the green onion. Grate the cheese.
- When the oven is ready, stretch the dough into a circle. Carefully place the dough on a pizza peel spread with flour or cornmeal.
- Spread the refried beans in a thin layer across the dough, then sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Top with tomatoes, green onion, and corn.
- Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone on the pizza peel, then bake until the cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, hot sauce, quick pickled onions and jalapeños, and torn Coriander.