Want a salad with strawberries? With creamy honey balsamic dressing, this strawberry salad recipe is tasty and features how to make homemade salad dressing.
For the salad
- 2 cups ripe strawberries
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds or pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Fresh ground black pepper
For the balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash and slice the strawberries. Wash and dry the salad greens.
- Thinly slice the red onion Tip: To mellow the flavor, soak the onion slices in cold water for about 20 minutes prior to serving, then drain.
- Optional: In a small saucepan over medium heat, toast the nuts for a few minutes until they are golden brown, stirring frequently and watching carefully so that they don’t burn.
- Make the balsamic vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and salt. Then gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until fully emulsified and creamy.
- To serve, spread the greens on a plate and top with strawberries, red onion, almonds, feta cheese crumbles, vinaigrette, and several grinds of black pepper.